[gst-devel] New pipeline parsing has landed.

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Apr 8 15:14:03 CEST 2003

Hi people,

I have just committed the new pipeline parsing stuff. I'll just quote the
cvs commit and hope it doesn't break anything important.

regressions:
 - No support for filtered links. If anybody needs this, please contact
me and I'll add it as fast as possible.

improvements:
 - The pipeline building actually works as expected.
 - syntax compatible nearly everywhere but more flexible
 - better property parsing (you can now set enums by name or nick)
 - uses locked_state to allow for delayed pads
 - can connect video pipelines without the need for queues
 - allows properties on bins
 - does not return a bin, but an element.

You may want to read docs/random/company/gstparse to learn how it works.
And someone might even want to docbookify it and add that someplace in our
docs.

I've been able to reproduce any pipeline thrown at me as gst-editor
screenshots or long irc descriptions.
I'm particularly proud of being able to successfully have the current
player pipeline as a gst-launch command.

Cheers,
Benjamin