[gst-devel] Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Sun Apr 13 11:33:03 CEST 2003

Le sam 12/04/2003 à 13:10, iain a écrit :
> On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 12:03, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > Oh, since when should we hold off onto giving a GNOME seal of approval
> > for a piece of software because one country in the whole world has a
> > different idea of what is legal?
>
> Spring loaded folders.

Yes, that's the same problem than with spring loaded folders. I really
think GNOME should have a non-US package. After all, the USA are only 1
country out of about 200 countries in the world. 1 country's laws
shouldn't dictate GNOME policy IMO. However I agree that making GNOME
illegal in the USA would be a stupid decision. That's why I'd advocate
for a non-US package. That way, everyone would be happy.