[gst-devel] Re: Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

Gustavo J A M Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Sat Apr 19 03:50:04 CEST 2003

   IMHO, no video player should be included which doesn't have the
capability to display subtitles.  Subtitles is just one of those
fundamental requirements, especially for non-english speaking people,
and perhaps it is important for accessibility reasons as well.

  AFAIK, neither totem nor gst-player support that.  I see a menu option
in totem, but it is not sensitive, so I imagine it only works for DVDs,
not media files with a separate .sub file.

  I only wish someone would make a HIG/GNOME-friendly mplayer frontend,
until GStreamer players stabilize.

  Just my .02 €.  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro