[gst-devel] Re: [gnome-love] GStreamer plans and TODO

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Apr 19 07:00:08 CEST 2003

<quote who="Bastien Nocera">

> On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 14:45, iain wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 14:34, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> >
> > > Output should be autodetected, and capplets scrapped. ("Just work")
> >
> > I think I've already given an example about why that doesn't work.
>
> And I've already explained that a hidden configuration option was good
> enough for those 1% that need to work around crappy drivers, or bugs in
> the sound output plugins/frameworks.

And for the sake of the argument, a distributor would pretty much grok all
of the variables in their sound support stuff anyway, and will be able to
deal with any strange needs on their platform ahead of time. Things may not
"just work" for people who use odd compilations of crap, but then, they are
most likely capable of setting it up correctly for themselves.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

    "I can't imagine anyone telling Emma Bunton to shut up. It would be
                        rather like slapping Bambi."