[gst-devel] Removal of libghttp and avifile plugins

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sun Apr 20 01:20:04 CEST 2003

Hi team,
Unless I get some wild protests I will comment out both the avifile and
libghttp plugins from both head and 0.6 branch. Both are unmaintained
and deprecated. People who want http should either use gnome-vfs or if
that is not an option, should make a new pure http plugin using libsoup
from Ximian (used to be a SOAP implementation, it is now just a http
lib). And avi is taken care of by our own stuff coupled with ffmpeg.

Any objections?
Christian
--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org>