[gst-devel] colorspace / Hermes-1.3.2 compile errors

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Apr 22 03:10:15 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I am trying to complile the colorspace libraries in Hermes-1.3.2 so that
> the colorspace plugin will be made as part of gst-plugins-0.61.
>
> I am getting this error on make:
>
> [jgbiggs at gort Hermes-1.3.2]$ make
> Making all in src
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jgbiggs/Hermes-1.3.2/src'
> cd .. && autoheader

This tells me that somehow you are running the build in maintainer mode.
So:
- you're building it from cvs, in which case you should start with
autogen, and this should take care of everything for you.
- you're building it from a tarball, but you changed something in the
  build yourself, in which case you should go to cvs
- you're building it frmo their official tarball, and you haven't
  touched anything, in which case they rolled a bad tarball :)

Check which of these it is, and get back to us.

Missing depcomp is a resulting symptom of this, but it's better to fix the
root cause.

Thomas