[gst-devel] Re: Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Apr 22 09:46:02 CEST 2003

>   Yes, I was speaking in general (and few cases in the general
> context).  In fact, GStreamer folks have been very helpful, no
> complaints there.

OK, was just making sure about context.

> > > I, as developer, would love to hear users complain about missing
> > > features, so I can prioritize my development time according to users'
> > > needs, thus improving the usefulness of the software.
> >
> > Yep, that's the ideal.  We don't get that many feature requests however.
>
>   Any complaint is ultimately a feature request, you know...

Probably :) but the wording is important.  If my dad smacks me around to
get something done I'm less likely to do it than when he asks politely.

> [ By the way, here's a feature request:  make osssink not block forever
> if the dsp device is busy, but return an error instead. Many times I
> thought gstreamer crashed, when it was only blocked trying to open
> /dev/dsp. ]

Sounds like a good idea, yes.  Put it in bugzilla and it'll get reviewed.

>   Anyway, I don't mean to offend anyone, believe me.  If anyone got
> offend by anything I said, I apologize.

No, not at all - I would have been offended if it wasn't a general remark,
but it wasn't, so I'm not :)

Thomas

Just like you said
you leave my life
I'm better off dead
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->