[gst-devel] Re: Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Thu Apr 24 05:26:04 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 03:24, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> 	- MPEG
> 		1) A MPEG file can have more than one MP2 audio
> 		   stream embedded but no subtitle streams.
> 		2) A SVCD can several MPEG files and subtitles for
> 		   them. Therefore, a SVCD can have a MPEG with
> 		   both several MP2 audio streams and several
> 		   subtitles. SVCD can support DVD-like chapters.
> 		3) However, one CAN'T tell which stream belongs to
> 		   which language. You have to check out if
> 		   audio/subtitle 1 is english, german, french,
> 		   etc.
Oooh - I have some algorithms for automatically guessing (with a very
high success rate) which languague a given piece of text is in.  If this
would be useful, I could look into implementing it for use in this
situation (once my current work-overload eases ;-) ).

With a bit of work, I could probably make a library which you fed a
piece of text, and it returned which one of a list of languages that it
knows it thinks the text is in (or "none" if it doesn't recognise it).
I need this for some other things I'm working on anyway...

Would this be useful?

(Hi list, long time since I posted...)

--
Richard Boulton <richard at tartarus.org>