[gst-devel] Looking inside a spider?

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Wed Aug 6 10:45:13 CEST 2003

Is there any way to look inside a spider to get to the actual plugins
that compose it? I want to write a program that will do the equivalent of

  gst-launch filesrc ! spider ! osssink

so it will handle pretty much any datatype. However, if the file
contains metadata (for example an mp3 or a vorbis file) I would like to
be able to get the metadata. If I use "mad" or "vorbisfile" I can query
the "metadata" capability, but "spider" does not have this capability.
So I am forced to do my own typefind and select the decoder myself.

I would like instead to introspect the spider and determine what decoder
it selected, since it's already done the typefind for me...

Thanks!