[gst-devel] Doing new releases

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Aug 13 10:52:08 CEST 2003


On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 09:15, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> I guess everyone out there is as anxious as me to get a 0.7.0 and 0.6.3
> releases out. I talked briefly with Ronald on IRC about 0.7.0 and I
> think we should be set there, shipping 0.7.0 with the new lcs plugin
> slurped. 

We discussed parallel install, and I think we decided we were going to
version all of the 0.7 tools.  Has anyone done that yet ? I consider
that a blocker for releasing 0.7.1

> I tried building GStreamer head last evening, but encountered some
> disting errors which I plan to fix this evening. Afaik so is the major
> build blocker in CVS head that the ffmpeg stuff still doesn't work when
> building packages. It would be great if you had some time to look into
> that Thomas.

There are a lot of disting fixes; started fixing them one by one.
Currently I have a failing "debug" testsuite, 3 out of 4 testsuites
fails.  It doesn't look like it got added with regard to non-srcdir
testsuiting, so I think I might disable the debug testsuite dir for now
and concentrate on the others first, will see.

Will also look at ds's ffmpeg patch.

> As for 0.6.3 I think we should focus on that as soon as 0.7.0 is out.

Actually, I think the reverse is more important.  Stable needs a
release, 0.7.1 is just a release that we feel we should make but nobody
is waiting for.

I already commited a few patches to 0.6.3; you can check up on their
status at http://gstreamer.net/bugs/

For bugs to appear on these lists, they just need to be set with their
milestone at 0.6.3

I respectfully ask that I get to review 0.6.3 patches, and if they get
commited, then they should be targeted for 0.6.3, logged in bugzilla for
committal, logged in cvs for committal against that bug number, and an
appropriate patch for 0.7.x be commited as well, after which the bug can
be closed.


> It doesn't need to be a such a big job, we just need to merge the
> patches we already have available and do a release. Wether we want to do
> additional bugfixes can and should be a question of time. Say we decide
> to do a 4 day release process for 0.6.3 and any fixes not in by then
> gets punted to 0.6.4
> Any comments?
> Christian
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email sponsored by: Free pre-built ASP.NET sites including
> Data Reports, E-commerce, Portals, and Forums are available now.
> Download today and enter to win an XBOX or Visual Studio .NET.
> http://aspnet.click-url.com/go/psa00100003ave/direct;at.aspnet_072303_01/01
> _______________________________________________
> gstreamer-devel mailing list
> gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
<-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
I hit him around a lot.
For Spike, that's like third base ...
<-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/

More information about the gstreamer-devel mailing list