[gst-devel] Catching EOS from a chain-based filter

in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Aug 14 09:54:03 CEST 2003

You can try to handle events yourself. If you put the following line in your
_init function:
  GST_FLAG_SET (this, GST_ELEMENT_EVENT_AWARE);
events will be sent to your chainfunction. You will have to handle all the
elements then. This is pretty easy though, the basic way to do this is to just
do (from the top of my head):
  if (GST_IS_EVENT (buffer)) {
    gst_pad_event_default (pad, GST_EVENT (event));
    return;
  }
  /* normal chain function */
I hope that was what you were looking for :)

Benjamin