[gst-devel] Re: controlling gst-launch

RAMON_GARCIA_F RAMON_GARCIA_F at terra.es
Sun Aug 24 11:50:04 CEST 2003

gst-python does not work with GStreamer CVS head.

Some compilation problems have obvious fixes, but others do not.
And I do not have enought knowledge of bridging Python to fix it.

If you agree that this should be the testing platform, that is OK for
me. But please make it work :-).

On the other hand, adding signal handlers does not add too much code
to gst-launch, and any other features can be added out of the program,
in a wrapper program that calls it.

As a Plan 9 fan, I like the idea of using the shell for dividing a
problem into several programs, so that these programs combined together

(if you do not know Plan9, check http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9 .It
is a Unix derivative developed by the same people that invented Unix)