[gst-devel] Problems with running pipelines

Mathrick mnews2 at wp.pl
Thu Aug 28 13:33:10 CEST 2003

Hi,
When I'm trying to run the following gst-launch pipeline (on GStreamer
0.6.2 from Debian Sid):

filesrc location="test.mpg" ! spider ! videosink spider0.src%d!esdsink

I get the error:

INFO ( 8408: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.6.2
INFO ( 8408: 0) CPU features: (c1c3fbff) MMX SSE 3DNOW MMXEXT
INFO ( 8408: 0) registry: loaded global_registry in 0.292422 seconds
          (/var/lib/gstreamer/0.6/registry.xml)

GStreamer-ERROR **: file gstparse.c: line 259 (make_links): assertion
failed: (sink)
aborting...

I guess I didn't understand the syntax properly :\, but to say the truth
the docs aren't very clear on this matter (I might as well update them
when I get to understand it myself).
Also, the syntax seems to be very sensitive to spaces - just changing
the trailing part to 'spider0.src%d! esdsink' results in message:

ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: Could not find a compatible
pad in element esdsink0 to for spider0:src%d

and one more space (spider0.src%d ! esdsink) changes it to:

error: syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER, expecting '('
ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: Invalid syntax

I'd be grateful for assistance.

--
Mathrick <mnews2 at wp.pl>