[gst-devel] Problems with running pipelines

Mathrick mnews2 at wp.pl
Thu Aug 28 14:25:06 CEST 2003

W liście z czw, 28-08-2003, godz. 23:26, Ronald Bultje pisze:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 22:32, Mathrick wrote:
> > filesrc location="test.mpg" ! spider ! videosink spider0.src%d!esdsink
>
> Add spaces around the exclamation mark and before the dot:
>
> spider0 .src%d ! esdsink

Well, this didn't help much :(

$gst-launch filesrc location="test.mpg" ! spider ! videosink  spider0
.src%d ! esdsink

INFO ( 8645: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.6.2
INFO ( 8645: 0) CPU features: (c1c3fbff) MMX SSE 3DNOW MMXEXT
INFO ( 8645: 0) registry: loaded global_registry in 0.234669 seconds
          (/var/lib/gstreamer/0.6/registry.xml)
error: syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER, expecting '('
ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: Invalid syntax

> Sorry for the sucky documentation right now. We'll fix that before going
> to 0.8.0, I suppose. We're working on somewhat technical issues right
> now, I guess documentation is lagging a bit there. :-(.
Just marking some sections as 'outdated' will help a lot w/ getting the
correct picture, and it shouldn't take too much time. Right now at least
autoplugger is sheduled for deletion, right? As an excercise I can try
grepping CVS/changelog/devel-list and catching the most outdated parts,
but I don't really know if I will have enough time. It would be very
nice if you could give me some outline (or link to) of current CVS
structure.

--
Mathrick <mnews2 at wp.pl>