[gst-devel] autobuilds

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Dec 9 06:15:01 CET 2003

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 14:36, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> at some point I promised I would again set up the autobuilds like we had
> in the past so people can have some sort of idea on whether or not their
> commits affect the build.  This way we don't get into a mad build
> hacking frenzy each time we hope to do a release, and we can keep the
> code ready for release whenever we want.

Thanks!

> a) I'm setting up a bi-daily autobuild on two machines. One runs Fedora
> Core 1, the other I don't know yet. It would probably be helpful to set
> up autobuilds on other types of machines as well.

I'd personally favour Debian (probably testing) + Fedora. I guess these
are the most common development environments around.

Do you think you can make the second system use gcc-2.95, so we catch
gcc-2.95 style compile errors? Example:

GST_DEBUG ("bla");
gint bla = 0;

which should be:

gint bla;
GST_DEBUG ("bla");
bla = 0;

I see a lot of such code lately, it'd be good to catch it asap. I only
test-compile on gcc-2.95 once every few weeks or so.

> b) In the past I used to mail gst-daily.  I will keep doing so, but I am
> thinking of some way to mail gst-devel whenever the build breaks for the
> first time after a successful build.  What do you think ?
> For now I hope the people that regularly commit to CVS are already
> subscribed to gst-daily, as they should :)

I'm doubting that this is a good idea, since if anyone cared, he'd be
subscribed to gst-daily. Right?

> c) I'm hoping to finish the media test suite too this week; is it OK if
> I set it to mail gst-daily as well ?

Sure.

Thanks again, great job!

Ronald