[gst-devel] Re: Helix Player virtual team meeting

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Dec 11 10:07:05 CET 2003

Hi,

(snipping another list from CC:)

El jue, 11-12-2003 a las 18:48, Michael Maloney escribió:

> One - RN owns any submitted code, may copy-write, etc. based on the
> ownership spelled out in the Terms of Use.
>
> Two - the contributer owns the code up to the point it was submitted
> and retains the right to use it for their own purposes.

> I could be way off in my assessment but that is what I get from it at
> first well, fourth or fifth, glance.
>
> So it seems to me that the real issue is perhaps the way the Terms of
> Use seems to supersede any other license regardless of how open that
> license may be.
>
> Is this the case?

Spot on.  That's exactly what I'm wondering about.  These Terms of Use
seem to dictate different things than the license under which the code
will be released, and you need to agree to the Terms of Use before
getting the code.

It's like saying "If you can get the source from somewhere else than
this site you're ok, but if you use our site to get the source you're
screwed".

Thomas