[gst-devel] Trouble compiling gstreamer 0.7.2

David Topper topper at virginia.edu
Fri Dec 12 09:13:10 CET 2003

Hi folks,

I'm getting an xml link error in ./configure.

checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.0... yes
checking XML_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/libxml2
checking XML_LIBS... -lxml2 -lpthread -lz -lm
configure: error: Could not link libxml2 test program.  Check if you
have the necessary dependencies.

I've just installed libxml2 2.6.3, have re-run ldconfig, and even
manuall exported the LIBXML2_DIR variable.  Still no dice.

Does anyone have a suggestion why this is breaking?  I'm really excited
about getting started with gstreamer.

Thanks,

DT

--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html