[gst-devel] gstplay example app failing to seek

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Dec 16 06:31:07 CET 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> I think you mean 'fix' then. You can properly fix things without
> redesigning them, without changing important and often-used APIs and
> therefore requiring all apps to be rewritten.

I use a stricter definition of "fix". For me a fix is ABI-stable. But yes,
changing the data passing will most likely not require changing
applications. Maybe some plugins, and in them only event handling should
be affected.
Core and schedulers will need quite a lot of code rework though, which is
why I tend to use "rewrite" as the term of choice :)

But that is still far off.

Benjamin.