[gst-devel] GStreamer needs a maintainer

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Tue Dec 16 15:09:06 CET 2003

You are absolutely right about the maintainer's role..

I would add that a maintainer is someone with :

1) good human relations with developers.
2) a talent to motivate people and communicate about the project.
3) dedicated to the project and have a lot of time to invest in the
project and it's future.

I don't really know if someone will come out one day with the needed
skills to be GStreamer maintainer, but until that day will come we will
all have to collaborate in the same direction.

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10