[gst-devel] GStreamer needs a maintainer

Christophe Fergeau teuf at gnome.org
Wed Dec 17 04:21:01 CET 2003

> Well, I'm affraid I have to disagree there. It's a huge annoyance for a
> high-traffic project like GStreamer. It'll happen every time.
> *Literally* every time. I personally consider that unacceptable.
>
> Isn't there a simpler system to do this sort of stuff? I mean, there
> must be a better way to keep track of changes apart from having a
> ChangeLog file?

It seems you don't have the same hack methods as me. I generally hack on
stuff, and when I'm ready to commit, I check which files I changed, I
generate a cvs diff to verify there aren't unwanted changes, I update
ChangeLog, and I commit right after that. If you are organized enough to
update the ChangeLog after each minor change in the source, but only
commit a big chunk of changes at one, I understand that ChangeLog
conflicts get annoying pretty quickly ;)

Christophe