[gst-devel] GStreamer needs a maintainer

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Dec 17 07:51:02 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 13:25, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> b) you work with a tool that manages patchsets.  In this case, you do
> something like
[..quilt..]

Well, sounds interesting. I hope it's better than bitkeeper; I tried
that for patch-set management, and it just *sucks*.

> b) GNOME works so well with ChangeLogs PRECISELY because the culture
> involves working on one patch set at a time, and everything is geared
> towards that.  Ie, contributors generate a clean patchset, their
> changelog.pl script extracts function names changed an so on (and that
> works very well, I may add), and patches get applied one by one.

You proposed to make a doc on this: that'd be very much appreciated.
Note that I *never* heard of any of these before, I'm just using what
I've used in the past (cvs, vim, ...). changelog.pl? quilt? Never heard
of... If they're easy to use, I'll use them.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer