[gst-devel] interface lib installations

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Dec 19 02:36:00 CET 2003

Hi Benjamin,

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 03:58, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> I noticed - more or less by accident - that interface libs are not
> installed correctly in some cases. XWindowListener is in the plugins dir,
> Tuner doesn't install at all.

xwindowlistener is a support plugin, not an interface. It's used by both
v4l and v4l2 (and in the future maybe by dxr3) to track an x window's
movement and change the overlay position accordingly. It is definately a
plugin and should not be in $libdir).

Tuner isn't installed separately. Rather, it is part of
libgstinterfaces-$MAJORMINOR.so, which should install properly in
$(libdir). If any plugin links to tuner directly, please kick me so I
can fix that. libgstinterfaces-$MAJORMINOR.so is created in
gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst.

> PS: I fixed asf to be one plugin instead of two libs.

Were they libs? How? your commit change says 'plugin_LITLIBRARIES' here:
-plugin_LTLIBRARIES = libgstasfdemux.la libgstasfmux.la
[..]
+plugin_LTLIBRARIES = libgstasf.la

?

Ronald