[gst-devel] Status page

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Dec 19 06:08:02 CET 2003

hi *,

http://gstreamer.net/status/?category=4 explains. This page is outdated
and gives people a wrong picture of what we're currently up to. I
suggest we either remove it or we update it, which will take a few days
or even weeks to get right.

I'd rather see it removed and replaced by a short status page that
explains what media types we can playback ("known to work") and for
which others we have plugins but for which the workingness is unknown
(probably with example pipelines, also part of the media testsuite).
Also, a TODO list of wanted plugins could be added (maybe shared with
the tasks). If we do want to keep it, it should probably still be less
prominent, have a different layout that fits with the rest of the
webpage and maybe we should still have a shorter status page like I just
described. The current list is vague, imo.

Comments? Anyone wanna work on this?

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer