[gst-devel] prereleases ! test them !

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 19 06:46:01 CET 2003

El vie, 19-12-2003 a las 12:38, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>
> > *sigh* Benjamin, reread the mail I sent.  I didn't attribute anything to
> > you at all.  All I did was quote BBB in saying that it would be
> > humiliating to release knowing that vorbis or mp3 didn't work.  I
> > wouldn't care if it was my dog who started munching on my keyboard and
> > accidentally changed the source to mad[1], or if it was your cat.
> >
> "For the record, I think you should make sure that GStreamer keeps playing
> oggs out of the box." sounded a lot like someone blaimed me for
> intentionally breaking stuff. And I'm very allergic to that atm...

It was nothing more than a direct reaction to your "you all ..."
statement.  Regardless of what broke it, I think we all should make sure
GStreamer keeps playing oggs and mp3s :)  I see how it can be read as if
I would blame you (though not intentionally) but that wasn't the cause.
Like I said, I'm not one to keep up arguments, I'm interested in how we
can all get to something that makes other people glad we are here.

Sorry if that sentence came across wrong.

After deleting and reinstalling plug-ins, I can play back oggs again
(meaning, I can't make it fail anymore), so we'll just throw it out
there with oggdemux activated and see what happens :)

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
We told 'em that didn't sound very Sunday-go-to-meetin'