[gst-devel] move to freedesktop.org STAGE 2

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Dec 20 06:06:04 CET 2003

Ok,

I've moved CVSROOT to freedesktop.org  Everything seems to be ok, I
adapted the scripts where needed to fix cvs links and so on.  I also
made a tarball of the moved pristine CVSROOT.

Here is a list of people whose accounts have been created:
id_dsa.pub.company
id_dsa.pub.dolphy
id_dsa.pub.ds
id_dsa.pub.iain
id_dsa.pub.rbultje
id_dsa.pub.steveb
id_dsa.pub.thaytan
id_dsa.pub.thomasvs
id_dsa.pub.uraeus
id_dsa.pub.wingo

The others will soon follow in a second stage, don't worry.

In this stage, if you're in this list, I would advise to do the
following:

a) Fix your local CVS tree to point to freedesktop.org
By running the following oneliners one directory above your cvs checkout
dirs:

find . -name Root -exec perl -i -p -e
's#thomasvs\@cvs.gstreamer.sf.net:/cvsroot/gstreamer#thomasvs\@cvs.freedesktop.org:/home/cvs/gstreamer#g' {} \;

find . -name Root -exec perl -i -p -e
's#thomasvs\@cvs.gstreamer.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gstreamer#thomasvs\@cvs.freedesktop.org:/home/cvs/gstreamer#g' {} \;

Make sure you change "thomasvs" to your username.

b) Check if they now point to FDO.
cat gstreamer/CVS/Root
check if it mentions freedesktop

c) run a diff to see if cvs access works
cd gstreamer
cvs diff -up

d) cvs update:
cvs update -dP
Check in configure.ac if the release version is set to 0.7.3.1

Please report if everything looks ok to you.
Don't start commiting important things just yet.  Commit something small
to check if you can commit and get mail from it.  Report back if
everything looks ok, and if it looks like our CVS has been moved
correctly.

After everyone seems fine with it, we move on to STAGE 3, which will
consist of reopening cvs completely, deprecating sf cvs, and
reorganizing the very old bits that are still left around.

Questions, Comments ? Shoot.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
Sometimes I wish I was you