[gst-devel] Re: Solaris gst-plugins build issues

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Dec 20 08:31:02 CET 2003

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 03:31, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Instead of havin it's own debug system, it could just use its own
> category and/or GST_DEBUG_OBJECT, which would totally invalidate the need
> to prefix all debug lines with "XWL: ".
>
> Get to know the debug system guys. It works wonders when you debug complex
> stuff where this is actually implemented.

This code (not the plugin..) was written far before the debug system
existed, I just ported it with as little effort as possible to a support
lib.

I'll modify it to use the debug system one day... The purpose of this
hack is simply to write as little lines of code as possible:

DEBUG ("entering");
vs.
GST_CAT_DEBUG_OBJECT (my_object, GST_CAT_WHATEVER, "entering");

See?

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer