[gst-devel] [gstreamer] Problem with pulling data from a sink pad

Quan Nguyen friday_morning at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 10:27:02 CET 2003

The analysis that I'm performing is quite simple for now.  The application will be working with voice samples and will classify the sample into two or three classes.  This is determined by the power of the audio in certain frequency ranges.  For example, if the power for audio in the 8 to 9 Hz range passes a certain threshold, then it is classified into class A.  If it falls into the 10 to 11 Hz range, then it is classified into class B, etc.

Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org> wrote:Hi,

> Thanks again. I originally planned on implementing the analysis as a
> Gstreamer plugin, but the documentation on writing Gstreamer plugins
> is so sparse and partially incomplete. I'll give it a shot if someone
> could point me to some examples or better documentation on Gstreamer
> plugins.

The docs on writing plugins are sparse, a known problem. If you tell us
what it is you want to do as analysis, we can help you along. If you
can't for some reason, we could point you at for example the level
plugin in gst-plugins, which does a simple level signalling of audio
flowing through.