[gst-devel] [gstreamer] Problem with pulling data from a sink pad

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Dec 23 14:00:02 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 18:28, Quan Nguyen wrote:
> Another question that I had was this.  How would I display the audio
> waveform to the screen using a plugin since I won't have access to the
> raw audio?

Think of this as a specific type of visualization. So you have one
plugin that transforms the audio data into a waveform image (bitmap),
and a renderer (e.g. ximagesink) which renders it into an xwindow. Your
application the simply embeds the xwindow as a widget or so.

It's really easy.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer