[gst-devel] simple stuff breaking

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Dec 24 09:10:02 CET 2003

So, while trying to get my head round the new caps stuff, bit by bit,
I'm running into simple stuff that now breaks.

sinesrc ! fakesink is the simplest thing that breaks.  I've tried
stepping through it, but I'm not sure exactly what is going wrong during
linking.  It seems to me that there are both STATIC any caps, and
dynamically allocated any caps.  Maybe there's a mixup there ?

Also, sinesrc ! filesink fails for different reasons; it's trying to
unref buffers that are already freed.

I'll try some more tomorrow, but seriously, having simple stuff break so
easily really scares me for the complex stuff.  I guess I should first
add simple stuff that ought to work to the testsuite before moving on.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
- It's late - can we finish this some other time ?
- Oh - so you want to jump right to the kissing then.