[gst-devel] Re: [Matroska-devel] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Common Opensource codec API

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Dec 28 10:36:12 CET 2003

Hi all,

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 19:25, John Cannon wrote:
> see BBB's C muxer/demuxer for gstreamer.

[rbultje at shrek gst-plugins]$ cat gst-libs/gst/riff/riff-read.[ch]
gst/avi/gstavidemux.[ch] | wc -l
   2630
[rbultje at shrek gst-plugins]$ cat gst/matroska/ebml-read.[ch]
gst/matroska/matroska-demux.[ch] | wc -l
   3684

Which I intend to port to ffmpeg (but somewhat differently, for your
pleasure). My GStreamer-coding style is quite different from ffmpeg (I
use more empty lines, less loops, more case/switch stuff, many different
functions for small things - all aimed at less maintainance, not less
code), so I'm guessing I can bring it down to 1500-2000 lines of code if
I adapt style a bit (comparable to the quicktime reader, for example).
Should be acceptable, no?

Anyway, I heard Xine is also developping all this, so I'm interested in
how they do this.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer