[gst-devel] type finding

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Mon Feb 3 10:51:49 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 12:49, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Erik Walthinsen wrote:
> > I'm not sure how spider manages sending the buffer to typefind, then
> > 'recalling' it and sending it into the newly selected element, but the
> > autoplugcache is designed to do this, up to an arbitrary depth.  When I
> > rework the original dynamic autoplugger, that's what'll be usd.
> >
> If no type is found, spider fetches a new buffer, appends it to the old
> one and restarts typefinding with that bigger buffer.

Not anymore it doesn't. This approach was causing spider to consume the
whole file if the type couldn't be found.

Currently it just uses the first buffer for typefinding. In the common
case the buffer will be big enough to work so since the change the
player has been behaving better.

The code is there to build a buffer of a minimum arbitrary size (say
4096 bytes) but I was having some kind of problem merging the buffers
which caused typefinding to fail. This code is commented out right now.

cheers
--
Steve Baker <steve at stevebaker.org>