[gst-devel] esdsrc, once more

Daniel Fischer dan at f3c.com
Fri Feb 14 08:21:04 CET 2003

hi there,

in my effort to make the esd plugin record mic or line in audio (instead of "just" monitoring the esd master), i've found a solution that i think is nicest: i renamed "esdmon" to "esdsrc" (which seems to be the gstreamer naming convention), and introduced a "source" parameter, where you can choose between "Monitor" and "Record". Default is Monitor, thus esdsrc behaves just like esdmon when used as before.

The choice is made during initialization, so there is no additional overhead during performance.

i packed up my modifications from directory gst-plugins-0.6.0/ext/esd, find it attached.

best,
-dan

---
dan at f3c.com