[gst-devel] Fw: gst-player and hermes

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Sat Feb 22 09:09:14 CET 2003

Forwarding your feedback to the gstreamer devel mailing list...

Regards,

dolphy

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:17:43 +0100
From: Dennis Heuer <dh at onclick.org>
To: jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Subject: gst-player and hermes

Hello -

Please, keep dependencies simple and necessary. Must the colorspace plugin really depend on Hermes? I don't need Hermes for nothing except this one plugin which, it seems, I have to install to make gst-player run. Can't the plugin base on a more widely in use library like X or SDL? I mean, did you see all these dependencies in the README? Think of Xine, it mainly needs itself. I really awaited gst-player because I wanted THE Gnome solution gstreamer to be my basement for multimedia instead of installing non-gnome stuff like mad, xine or whatever. Now, I can have gst-player, but only if I install such stuff I wanted to stay away from with gstreamer.

Thanks

Dennis Heuer

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10