[gst-devel] Indifference is not an argument!

Dennis Heuer dh at onclick.org
Sun Feb 23 19:14:19 CET 2003

Only the first person answered to my message, the rest did not even get the content right. But, I will not struggle with you. This mail is a please for stopping the discussion since you ignore the global picture of your actions. gst-player is the NATIVE extension to gstreamer which was PRONOUNCED as THE framework for GNOME over a long time now. GNOME, following its founder Icaza, shall be THE desktop solution for modern systems, and Linux was chosen as one target. This is just one simple proof that just saying that you all are just programming for your own is quite too simple. Your action is part of a global picture. Nowadays, people depend on their linux and are quite interested what is going on on their system. You can be interested in that, means you are interested in the global picture of your actions, or not. It would be fine if you would calculate in more than your very own needs into your conceptions but, as I said, I can not force you. I just tried out. Now, I have to
  find my position to your position and ask myself if I want to depend on such a developer team or take Xine or whatever (unfortunately, skipping gstreamer is not possible anymore since core packages for GNOME NEED it as hardcoded dependency). But, since you are not interested, my eventual further struggle with your decisions will not disturb you.

Please stop mailing, my try is over now!

Dennis