[gst-devel] Success story and roadmap

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Fri Jan 3 15:08:04 CET 2003

Hi team,
I managed to play songs and video using Wim's opt scheduler today so it
seems we finally have a good alternative to work around the thread
issues the plague us. Thanks Wim!

Anyway I thought I send out this mail to inquire about status of certain
core components.

First of all what is the status of Spider? Steve you where working on
this (or planned to), but I haven't heard or seen anything for some
time. Any news? Also some info on status of gst-player atm would be
good. A 0.5.x compatible release would be nice.

ffmpeg plugin. As I understand it works for using gst-launch, but we
still need some work before we can use it with spider. Anyone working on
that? Ronald?

I also have the new Red Hat beta Phoebe installed on my laptop now. It
bundles GStreamer as most of you know. I will try and do some testing of
different compile flags on glibc on it to see if I can get someone at RH
to check why we have so much thread issues on RH.

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org>