[gst-devel] Wish List Plugins

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Sun Jan 5 19:46:02 CET 2003

Xine plugin wrappers (input, audio, video, and maybe demuxers)
  Will allow me to transcode from just about any format, or any input
  method.  (Mplayer can do it but its code base is not nearly as clean
  as xine plugin model)
Port of some of the mplayer filters, especially the "pp" ones.
VirtualDub Filter wrapper (lots of high quality filters available for
  virtual dub.  Probably one of the few things that keep me using Windows
  for Multimedia applications)
Avisynth plugin wrapper (avi plugins can do thing VirtualDub does not do,
  such as change framerate).

A combination of the GStreamer tools to provide a virtualdub like editing
environment.  (Or can this already be done?)

Once all of the above is done I will no longer have to reboot to windows
for video editing work and I will be very happy ;)

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org