[gst-devel] gst-player fullscreen playback

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Jan 7 21:56:01 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 00:49, iain wrote:
> tir, 2003-01-07 kl. 22:35 skrev Julien MOUTTE:
> > Some pixels are still visible and IMHO it's not so nice to have this
> > gray bar staying under your movie...
> This lets you know the bar is still there.
> Your way seems a lot more complicated and much more error prone...iain

Actually, I like the way proposed by Julien, it sounds pretty much ok.
Afaik, xawtv (the TV app, yes) also uses mousemotion events to show/hide
the pointer when the pointer is in the TV-window. This way, after 3 sec
idle in the TV-window, the pointer autohides, and comes back when moving
(and it won't disappear when it has moved outside the TV window).

And of course, in the same fashion, you can also program a status bar or
whatever. Just make sure the status bar, like the mouse pointer, appears
when moving and/or when the pointer is outside the TV-window (i.e. on
the bar), and only hides when the pointer is idle on the movie-window
itself.

I like the idea, but ohwell, that's only imho! ;-).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer