[gst-devel] gst-player ui required changes

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Jan 16 00:40:36 CET 2003

On 16 Jan 2003, Steve Baker wrote:

> > - get rid of stop
> Done! Its software, not hardware. There are no heads or motors to wear
> out, and no batteries to run down by being in pause forever.

OK, this is bogus.  Hardware issues have nothing to do with user
interface.  Why are we creating a new interface when everyone and their
dog is going to be vastly more comfortable with an interface they
literally grew up with?  Just because that interface originated in
hardware limitations does not mean that it is inherently flawed, nor does
it give us license to arbitrarily change and cease to match what our
*user* expect.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_