[gst-devel] gst-player ui required changes

Paul Flood paul at temple-baptist.com
Thu Jan 16 01:08:07 CET 2003

I'm no code guru, but <stop> and <pause> have very different behaviors in my
experience.  When I press <pause> I expect the media to hold its place and
wait for me to <resume> (or play) and pick up where I left off.  When I
press <stop> I expect the media to reset back to the begining of the disc
and wait for me to start it over again.

As a simple user I readily expect my media player to have a stop button.  I
anticipate most users to expect a media player to have a stop button.  It's
one of the basic functions.  Whether or not it is
needed/required/different/redundant/stupid doesn't really matter.  This is a
user interface right?  The users will expect and want a stop button.  We are
building this for them , right?  Personally, I would think any player
without a stop button would be lame and I wouldn't use it.

Paul
aka ChiefHighwater