[gst-devel] Upcomming GStreamer hard freeze

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Thu Jan 16 08:08:05 CET 2003

Hi team,
In preparation for our 0.6.0 release in about 10 days we are doing a
hard freeze on GStreamer starting this weekend. That means no commits
are to be made to the core or plugins unless they are to fix concrete
critical bugs. This hard freeze will last until we have made the 0.6.0
release.

That means that any pending changes to core or plugins should preferably
be in by friday (tommorow) midnight CET. Important fixes that can not
make that deadline needs to be flagged before the deadline and approved
by the GStreamer release team (me and Thomas).

We will be extremely stric on what is allowed into the core, and into
plugins related to gnome-media and nautilus media in this period. We
will probably be more lenient on patches to plugins not related to
gnome-media and nautilus-media, but even for these we will be sceptical
due to risks of messing up autoplugging etc.

Anyone who objects to this release strategy should speak up now or
forever hold their silence.

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org>