[gst-devel] gst-player ui required changes

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Jan 16 09:57:08 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:08, iain wrote:
> tor, 2003-01-16 kl. 19:52 skrev Steve Baker:
>
> > > - you shouldn't be able to change volume when no media is loaded
> > to bad
>
> With regards to the volume...
> I think we need to get all volume controls in gnome using the actual
> volume hardware, rather than it being a strange mishmash or things.
>
> I know this will need stuff in gnome-media (or libbacon or something)
> but does anyone see any real reason why the volume slider in gst-player
> should change only the volume in gst-player and not the default pcm
> device?

Yeah, we need something like that. I planned to move the volume stuff in
acme to use GInterfaces and proper GObjects, away from gob. Your
expertise is this would definetely be welcome :)

Basically, every GNOME app playing with the volume should be able to use
that object. We could probably also have a widget to put on top that
would take care of all the hard-work. Ie. create the widget, pack it,
and be done.

What do reckon ? Did you want something simple (get/set volume, get/set
mute ?), or something more complicated for all the different channels ?

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>