[gst-devel] Upcomming GStreamer hard freeze

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Jan 16 12:28:04 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:07:11PM +0100, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> We will be extremely stric on what is allowed into the core, and into
> plugins related to gnome-media and nautilus media in this period. We
> will probably be more lenient on patches to plugins not related to
> gnome-media and nautilus-media, but even for these we will be sceptical
> due to risks of messing up autoplugging etc.

The swfdec plugin will need API changes for the next swfdec release.
Well, won't _need_ them, since swfdec is fully backward compatible,
but I really don't want something going into common use that uses the
old API.  It's essentially just name changes and converting a
structure to be private, otherwise idempotent.  However, I may not
get to it in the next 24 hours.

dave...