[gst-devel] Imminent 0.6.0 release

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Sat Jan 25 18:48:01 CET 2003

* Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org> [20030125 18:38]:
> Hi team,
> As you all know we have a 0.6.0 branch from which we will do a 0.6.0
> release tomorrow. Question is which fixes in head and which uncommited
> fixes you might have on your disk should get put into 0.6.0. If you have
> a fix you feel is stable enough and that should go into 0.6.0 please
> respond to this mail explaining the patch.

Looking through the diffs for core and plugins:
cvs diff -u -r BRANCH-GSTREAMER-0_6 -r HEAD

(btw, why BRANCH-GSTREAMER vs BRANCH-RELEASE?)

There are a number of trivial changes that could probably be merged into
0.6.0 now.  Things like adding debug info.  The plugins certainly have
many non-trivial changes that should wait for 0.6.1.  We probably need
to keep current with merging so the skew between 0.6 and 0.7 doesn't get
too unmanagable.

Actually, I think it depends on how soon it is till we release 0.6.1.
If 0.6.0 is supposed to last for a long time then merge at least the
trivial stuff (debugging code in particular) now.  Otherwise just
release as-is.

-dave