[gst-devel] pkg-config files

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Jan 27 14:21:04 CET 2003

* Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be> [20030127 16:43]:
> some people wanted a gstreamer-gconf .pc file to check for gconf
> libraries.
> I expect we'll be having a lot more of these in the future, so our root
> gst-plugins dir is getting messy.
>
> So I'd like to move all of them in a pkgconfig dir under the root, which
> would also nicely correlate to the installed location, in some way.
>
> I'd like to do this right now, before cutting 0.6.0.
>
> What do you guys think ?

I think it will be more convienient for the uninstalled case so we can
just add one dir vs many to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.  On the other hand, it's
nice to have related files in their own dirs.  If you think it'll be
easier to maintain in the long run, go for it.  Though I don't expect
we'll have "a lot more of these".  Maybe a few...

(Mmmm... last minute changes...)

-dave