[gst-devel] Real Player Streaming

Mark Tobenkin mark at brentwoodradio.com
Mon Jul 7 01:46:25 CEST 2003

Hello Devel list,

I'm looking into using the Gstreamer infrastructure in an application
for video and audio streaming which I am building. I'm completley
inexperienced with the toolkit (though I'm trying to learn). I hope my
questions aren't OT. Anyways, here it is:

Is there a way for GStreamer to feed a video stream to a Real Media
server? I mean this in a way similar to the way RealProducer works. My
question also applies to feeding audio streams.

Basically I'm looking to build an application which will multicast a
stream to several RealMedia servers. These servers will then be load-
balanced to serve the stream(s) to client computers.

If there's a different forum I should ask this in, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

Mark Tobenkin

--
Mark M Tobenkin