[gst-devel] About spider...

Francis Labonte francis_labonte at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:29:23 CEST 2003

Hi,

using the following command:

gst-launch filesrc location=./audio.wav ! wavparse ! audioscale
frequency=8000 ! spider ! myAudioCodec ! filesink location=./out.raw

I try to use the spider to identify the element to be inserted between the
output of the audioscale and an audio codec.

The audio codec accept 8kHz mono input and is working fine.

Everything work fine if I connect the audioscale to the audiocodec.  If I
insert the spider between these 2 elements, then the stero2mono is allways
inserted, even if wav file contains mono.

Questions:

- Did the spider try a direct connection between the 2 pads to connect
first?  Can it act as a passtrought??

- If not, how can I do it?

- Why the stereo2mono filter is allays inserted, even if the input is mono?

Thank you
Francis Labonte