[gst-devel] Midi and GStreamer

nick nixx at nixx.org.uk
Fri Jul 11 21:27:05 CEST 2003

Hi All

The thing I am thinking about is how a gstreamer plugin would handle
MIDI and audio at the same time... In my mind, this requires the midi
and audio buffers to be processed on a 1-to-1 basis (so 1 buffer of
audio and 1 buffer of midi cover the same duration of time).. Does what
I'm saying make sense to you?

(For me, I would want to be able to write amSynth as a plugin - this
would require that when my process function is called, I have a midi
buffer as input, containing how ever many midi events occurred in, say,
1/100 sec for example, and then I generate an audio buffer of the same
time duration...)

Any ideas? Maybe this will indicate the kind of problems to be faced.

Nick

--
nixx at nixx.org.uk          |     amSynth lead developer
JabberID: nixx at jabber.org |     http://amsynthe.sf.net