[gst-devel] [ANN] Gst-Python 0.1.0

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Tue Jul 15 01:37:02 CEST 2003

The first release of the Python bindings for GStreamer, gst-python, is
available.  Get the tarball through the sourceforge downloads system on
the GStreamer site [1].

These bindings have been working for me for quite a long time with
little if any modifications.  They should compile fine against 0.6.x
core [2].  There are some compatibility issues with 0.7.x code that will
be fixed in the future.

Any feedback on problems, suggestions, and/or complaints is appriciated.
Also I'm looking for small interesting test code for a tutorial.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/gstreamer/
[2] 0.6.x series *except* 0.6.1 due to a small bug.

-dave

Gst-Python 0.1.0 Release Notes

2003-07-10 - 0.1.0 - David I. Lehn <dlehn at users.sourceforge.net>

     * First release
     * Supports only GStreamer 0.6.x (0.7.x support requires a
       few changes)

Gst-Python Homepage

   http://www.gstreamer.net/bindings/python/