[gst-devel] Confusion about GstEventMask structure...

Brett Kosinski brettk at frodo.dyn.gno.org
Wed Jul 16 08:37:02 CEST 2003

> > My problem is with the flags variable.  Now, from the structure, one would
> > expect the values registered to the GstEventFlag type to be used.
> > However, this is not the case.  For example, in the vorbisfile plugin,
> > values from GstSeekType are used.  So, my guess is that the value of
> > "type" determines the type of flags which are found in the flags variable.
> > Is this interpretation correct?  If so, this is a bit misleading, since I
> > expect GstEventFlag values to be in flags, not, for example, GstSeekType
> > values.
>
> In short, yes, it's misleading. However, the seek type isn't a flag,
> because all values are mutually exclusive. That's why it's done this
> way.

Well, from a pedantic and philosophical point of view :), the right thing
might be to make the flags variable a generic GFlags container.  At least
then, when a developer looks at the header, it'll be obvious that
something unusual is going on.

BTW, should I expect to find a set of flags for every type value?

Brett.