[gst-devel] gst-plugins configure annoyances

Brian Cameron Brian.Cameron at sun.com
Fri Jul 25 06:39:05 CEST 2003

Joshua:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:42:46AM +0100, Brian Cameron wrote:
> > It would be nice if this plugin weren't built if the needed
> > freetype version were not available.
>
> If someone feels like doing a bunch of configure editing then
> it would be cool if there was a --disable option for each
> and every plugin.
>
> At least, we could make it a rule than any new plugin that
> is added to gst-plugins should have an associated --disable
> option.

You can specify which gst plugins to build via the --with-plugins
option, though having to add new plugins each time a new one is
added is a bit of a drag.  --disable would be nicer.  There is
now way to turn on/off the plugins in gst-libs/gst, though.  This
is kind of a drag, since some of them (like riff) have possible
IP issues.

Brian